Billions of dollars are exchanged online every day. Yes that’s Billions with a B. And yes that’s per day.
If you want to make money for yourself, you first need to understand how other people are doing it.
I’m going to show you all the current ways people are making money online, and how you can get started with each. You can’t do them all, at least not at first, so take note of which methods appeal to you most.
First let’s look at the fastest ways to make money online:
What Are The Fastest Ways To Make Money Online?
Gambling is one of the fastest ways to make money… if you win. And only if you win. Otherwise it’s the fastest way to lose money.
There are people that make good money gambling online, but it can be stressful because of the high chance of losing. The odds are on the house, so be prepared to lose.
This is not a recommended way to make money especially for the long run. Even if you win a big amount there is no guarantee that you will continue to make money long term. In fact the majority of winners end up losing back their winnings.
So if you are going to use Gambling to make some fast cash, do it once, and if you win, use it to fund one of the more sustainable ventures described below.
Selling Your Stuff
You can literally have cash in hand today by selling off some of your personal belongings. Eventually you will run out of stuff to sell, but it can be a good way to get some quick money while it lasts.
Selling your stuff online is fairly straightforward.
- Get your item ready (gather all the pieces, clean it, find a shipping container, etc.).
- Take pictures of your item.
- Decide your price.
- List your item on one of the top reselling marketplaces like OfferUp, Facebook, Ebay, or Amazon.
Getting An Online Job
Getting a web-based job can be a great way to make money online. There are a variety of jobs that can be done from home, and more companies are beginning to hire remote workers every day.
You could be getting paid in a little as a week and the job could last you for years to come.
These are some of the jobs that allow you to work remotely:
- Customer service
- Social Media Management
Micro Jobs are small tasks you can do for small payments. Essentially you are freelancing, but these micro tasks are a bit different than standard freelance projects.
Some of the micro jobs you can do to make extra money online include:
- Complete surveys
- Comment on blogs
- Play games
- Watch videos
- Test products
While these jobs may sound like a dream come true, don’t expect to earn a lot from these tasks. It can be difficult just to break a few hundred dollars per month. The key is to work fast and complete a lot of tasks. But it does allow you to work from home on your own schedule, and a lot of people enjoy doing this to make some extra income.
Expert Tip: If you are looking to make long term income online that can support you and your family, forget these small tasks. They will just eat away your time and energy. Focus on building an Internet Business that can provide you with a high income for years to come. And if you need some cash now to cover bills then getting an online job or completing freelance projects is your best bet.
You don’t have to be employed by a company to do jobs for them. You can work as a self-employed individual also known as a freelancer.
As a freelancer you will complete projects and tasks for a variety of businesses.
Some services you can provide online:
- Graphic Design
- Web Development
- Web Marketing and SEO
When most people think of freelancing they think of skills like programming or graphic design. But even without skills like these, you can start doing freelance work. There are jobs available for writing, research, assistant work, and more.
Freelancing is one of the best ways to make cash quickly. And you can use freelance projects to carry you while you work on building up another internet business like a blog or online store.
You can also keep freelancing as your main internet business. There are many solo freelancers that make well over six figures and love what they do. You can get started as early as today, make your own schedule, be your own boss, and make good money.
Faster Isn’t Always Better
The methods I just went over are typically the fastest way to get some money coming in, and they may be enough if you’re just looking for quick cash, a work-at-home job, or a side hustle.
However, starting your own business and investing are the best for long term profits.
And once your business and investments are up and running they can actually become an easier way to get money fast. More on that later.
Also, don’t be scared by the word “business”. It just means you work for yourself. You own it. You’re the boss.
And once you reach even a small scale success with your business and investments, the other ideas probably won’t even be on your radar.
Expert Tip: Use one of the faster income methods like an online job or freelance work to keep you afloat while you work on developing a more profitable long-term income stream like a blog or online store.
Now let’s look at the most profitable ways to make money online:
What Are The Most Profitable Ways To Make Money Online?
Starting A Business
Starting a business is the most profitable way to make money online and has created more wealthy people than any other method.
Essentially everything in business boils down to selling a product or service whether you are creating it, selling it, or promoting it. A person has a product or service that they need or want and you help them to get it. It’s that simple.
There are many benefits of running a business online. These are a few of the best ones:
- Huge income potential – some of the richest people in the world have made their money through their internet businesses. You don’t have to get anywhere even near that to enjoy a rich life, but the possibility is there. Whatever your income goals are, an internet business can get you there.
- Freedom of location – you can work anywhere you want that has an internet connection. This gives you quite a lot of options. Work from home, work from a cafe, or work while traveling the world. It’s entirely up to you.
- Freedom of schedule – work whenever you want, however you want. If you want to work at 3am while naked and standing on your head, go for it. I don’t recommend it, but the point is that the choice is yours! An Internet business gives you the freedom to design your work around your life instead of the other way around.
There are a multitude of online businesses you can start. One is not better than another. It depends on your preferences, what you want to accomplish, and how you want to spend your time.
These are the main ways to make money with an online business:
- Provide a service – this is usually the fastest way to make money with an online business. There are a multitude of services you can provide people from Accounting to Web Design.
- Sell physical products – you can sell anything online from Arts & Crafts to Whirligigs. And marketplaces like Amazon and Ebay can help you reach buyers in minutes.
- Sell digital products – you can sell digital products like ebooks, apps, websites, and music. Make money without having to deal with manufacturing, inventory, or shipping.
- Publish content – you can focus on creating content like blog posts, videos, and podcasts. Make money by helping other businesses get customers (sell ads, sell leads, recommend products and services).
- Combination – you can make money by combining any of the above ways like offering different products and services under the same business. You could take freelance work for fast cash while building a blog that promotes other people’s products. After your blog is established, you could create your own product to sell through your blog. You can also come up with new ways to make money online by adding unique twists to the existing ways. There are many options available for you, and The Traffic Geek will help you pick the best one for you.
Make your money work for you.
Investing is one of the oldest ways to make money and its even easier now thanks to the Internet. Essentially you are betting on the success of another business, commodity, or currency. You can also invest in your own business which may actually give the best return of them all.
Investing is not gambling. Investing is putting your money to use in something offering a potential profitable return. Gambling is playing a game of chance for money.
Also trading is different from investing for the long-term. Instead of letting your money sit over time and compound, you are looking to trade your investment in the short-term for profits.
Some of the things to invest in include:
- Your Business
- Real Estate
Where To Go Next
As you can see, there are many ways to make money online. Some are faster and some have more profit potential. Understanding all the methods is the first step to making money for yourself.
Anything on this list can be done as a side hustle or full time. It depends how much you want to put into it and how much you want to get out.
It is always recommended to keep your current income in place while your work to make money online. This will keep the stress level down (and the lights on) while you’re building up your online income.
And now it’s time to decide which method you want to use to make money online for yourself.
Then you can use this site to learn how to do it.
Is it really that simple? Yes.
Just like with anything else in life. First get an understanding of what your options are. Then choose what you will focus on. Then put your effort into learning and progressing. Stick to it and eventually you will reach success.
- Take note of which money making methods appeal to you most.
- Continue your journey to making more money by following The Traffic Geek.